Cross-Rhythmic Exercise in 7/8 - 1
2017/11/05 Filed in: Education
- This coordination exercise is a three-measure cycle
- There's an accent every three sixteenth notes.
- I played the line twice as written, and then twice again but doubling the unaccented notes
- I played a wood block with my left foot, but you can also play the hi-hat or the bass drum, or both.
Available Soon in a revised edition
Download excerpts from Time Manipulation Drum Book
Section 1 - Basic Patterns
Section 2 - Polyrhythmic Patterns
Section 3 - Anticipations
Section 4 - Beat Displacement
Section 5 - Basic & Polyrhythmic 12/8 Patterns
Section 6 - Swing & Shuffle Feels
Section 7 - Rhythmic Modulations
- About 140 pages,
- Sixty-eight 16-bar groove exercises, meant to be practiced with numerous cymbal ostinatos.
- More than 130 examples will be available in audio and/or video versions.