- The magic drum book to help you work on your coordination in a groove context.
- Basic and polyrhythmic patterns in 4/4 & 12/8, rhythmic displacements, implied metric modulation, and much more!
In Section 2 of Time Manipulation, new patterns are formed using some of the basic rhythmic figures seen in Section 1. This is done in a musical way, using polyrhythms that are ubiquitous in many musical traditions, as well as in current styles.
- These exercises can be worked on in a variety of ways.
- Start by working on each pattern separately.
- I suggest various ways of sequencing the patterns on the page, for example by playing each bar twice, four or eight times..
Copyright © John Smith, All Rights Reserved.
- In this example, each pattern is played twice.