- The magic drum book to help you work on your coordination in a groove context.
- Basic and polyrhythmic patterns in 4/4 & 12/8, rhythmic displacements, implied metric modulation, and much more!
Section 3 of Time Manipulation is meant to work on anticipations. Snare-drum and bass-drum notes that are played accented right before a beat, when they are followed by a rest, can be considered as being an anticipation of that beat.
- These exercises can be worked on in a variety of ways.
- Start by working on each pattern separately.
- I suggest various ways of sequencing the patterns on the page, for example by playing each bar twice, four or eight times..
Copyright © John Smith, All Rights Reserved.
- In this example, each pattern is played twice.