Section 3 of Time Manipulation is meant to work on anticipations. Snare-drum and bass-drum notes that are played accented right before a beat, when they are followed by a rest, can be considered as being an anticipation of that beat.
- These exercises can be worked on in a variety of ways.
- Start by working on each pattern separately.
- I suggest various ways of sequencing the patterns on the page, for example by playing each bar twice, four or eight times..
Copyright © John Smith, All Rights Reserved.
- In this example, each pattern is played twice.
Drum Books by Alain Rieder
By subscribing to my newsletter, you will receive updates on new blog articles and exercises, promotions, and upcoming methods! Upon confirming your registration, you will be able to download:
• excerpts from Time Manipulation • explanations of my Pattern Morphing System concept • metronome tracks to use with the exercises • previews of an upcoming advanced and innovative method